Sunday, January 27, 2013

soccer players on a plane

I feel like it's been a little too long since you've read an Emmie Story. These are stories that are random, and involve my hilariously weird life. I remembered a really good one today. So fasten your seatbelts everyone, and off we go.

I went to Florida a little before Christmas. We had to wake up early to catch our flight, so I obviously wasn't wearing makeup, had brushed my hair, or was wearing decent clothes. I was decked out in my Nike sneakers, sweatshirt and stained neon pink sweats. I had curled my hair the previous day, but hadn't bothered to brush it so it was sticking out at all angles. I had my pillow pet under my arm, along with my carry on bag full of books. Just painting the picture for future reference.

So here I am, waiting for the flight to start boarding, listening to my ipod and staring at everyone around me. I was checking Instagram, when all of a sudden, my built-in hot guy radar spiked. I whipped my head up and looked around me. And then, I saw it, the holy grail for a teenage girl.

To my left was a giant group of soccer players. Ages probably sixteen to eighteen. And every single one of them was attractive. I just sat there, my jaw hitting the floor, openly staring and beholding their good looks. Then, one of them felt my unrelenting stare, and turned to look at me. This snapped me out of my daze and into reality. And reality was where I was holding a unicorn pillow pet.

I shoved my face back into my phone, half hoping that they hadn't seen me. The other half hoping that they had seen me, but despite my appearance of a hobo, they had already fallen in love with me.

It's possible, okay?

I was sitting there trying to figure out how I could get them to notice me (in a good way) when the stewardess announced that anyone gate-checking anything needed to proceed to the gate. So I had to stand up, and walk past these greek gods all lined up, waiting to get on the plane. Some of them stared at me, others ignored me. I clutched my unicorn and my backpack tightly and held my head up high while passing them.

After that event was over, my brother and I made it to our seats to find that we were sitting next to a strange man. He had already claimed the window seat. He was probably in his twenties. He looked at us like you would look at the weird kid that dressed up as Gandalf for career day. My brother and I looked at each other for a split second, and then fought over the aisle seat. He won. I huffed and promptly plopped down in the middle, uncomfortably between this judging man and my brother. Then, the soccer players entered the plane.

I leaned over to my brother, and started begging him to let me sit in the aisle. Just for a few minutes. I wanted those ridiculously attractive boys to notice me. He refused and first, and the agreed when I said he could borrow my skull candy headphones.

I switched seats with him quickly and stared at the soccer players. Then, I remembered. I'm awkward. This could be interesting.

I stuck my head down when they first started passing me. Then, they couldn't move because there were too many people boarding. So a black haired beauty was standing next to me. My brother nudged me with his arm, sending the message to make my move. I shook my head, awkwardness setting in. He finally got frustrated and started talking for me. This is how the conversation went:

Brother: "What sport do you guys play?"

Hot kid: (with a the Forza logo on his shirt) "Soccer."

B: "What's your team name?"

HK: "The Sharks."

B: "Cool."

awkward silence.

HK: (looking at me) "Well, bye."

Me: ugghhhhhh.

For the rest of the flight I took stalker pictures of them and sent them to my friends, but I never got the nerve to talk to one.

I'm such an awkward being.


and in the spirit of hot guys... here you go:




Love





.




I love him waaay too much


Justin Timberlake and Andrew Garfield


spiderman is awkward and i love him.


team cato.



No comments:

Post a Comment