Saturday, October 6, 2012

I know it. I live it. I love it.

Well. That time of year is here again. GENERAL CONFERENCE TIME! 

For all you non-LDS members out there, General Conference is when you spend two day listening to church leaders, and laying around in your PJs.

Most teenagers don't like conference. They can't hang out with friends, they have to spend all day at home, blah blah blah. But I love it. LOVE IT. I look forward to it every year. It's almost better than Christmas. I love to be able to not get dressed, eat all day, and listen to amazing talks.

And today was probably one of the best conference sessions ever. They've changed the minimal age to go on an LDS mission. Girls can now go at age 19, and boys can go at age 18 (before it was 21 for women and 19 for boys), and this has completely changed my life.

I've always, always, always wanted to go on a mission. I've read my old journals and I write "8 more years until I can go on my mission!" "7 years!"

And now I can go in about four years. FOUR YEARS. I'm dying. I'm so excited. When it was first announced, I couldn't talk I was so excited.

Everyone else is excited too. Texts are flying my way, my facebook news feed is filled with it. And I love it. I love being surrounded by people that are so willing to go serve. I'm one of the luckiest people alive.

So now, tonight in my journal, I will write, "FOUR MORE YEARS!" I really can't believe this happened. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Also, another good quote from our amazing friend Ann Dibb who gave an amazing talk:


"I am a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it."- quoted by Ann M. Dibb #ldsconf #lds #mormons #generalconference

No comments:

Post a Comment