Saturday, February 25, 2012

Just the Way you Are.

No. I'm not talking about the Bruno Mars song (which is all about the girl's looks and makes me gag. Unless it is sung acoustically by Boyce Avenue. PS: buying tickets to their concert tomorrow. 
BE. JEALOUS.)

anyway. 

today, I was reading Galadarling.com which is an awesome blog about "Radical Self Love" although some of her posts are naughty...

but today I read the Valentine's day post. And I was inspired. It first talks about how no Prince Charming or Princess Charming can save you. You have to save yourself. And the media and society is putting way too much pressure on love and relationships to "save us." But we can actually save ourselves. And to save ourselves, we have to love ourselves. 

Because, if you don't love yourself, how is anyone else going to love you or want to be with you?


I thought it was cool. Because my perceptions of love and relationships are warped. But now I see that not everyone is so dependent on that. And if you are, you shouldn't be. Because most people desiring love and boyfriends aren't loving themselves as much as they should. And I'm not saying that I'm planning on going and finding a boyfriend tomorrow. I'm just saying that I have hope for the future. 

everything just looks better written in the sand:)




PS:
96 Days
2309 Hours
138536 Minutes
8313794 Seconds


until I'm done with Jr. High.

No comments:

Post a Comment