so sadly, this idea is not original. I'm copying the IDEA from this blog. click to look, although some of them are a little strange. don't judge. but most of them are really really funny and work.
So because I'm snowed in (my mom's Volvo doesn't have four wheel drive. and she lives in Utah) and I'm bored outta my mind and my sister is asleep, i shall write 50 things to do when you're bored and or sad. so here we go!
1. EAT FRUIT. fruit is delicious and good for you, and it gives you energy and makes you feel good. so why not?
2. GIVE EVERYONE YOU SEE A BIG BEAR HUG. hugs are awesome. they make you (the hug giver) and the random person (the hug-ee) feel good about themselves. and you might even make a new friend. or you could meet your future spouse and have a funny story to tell your future children (well kids, I saw your father walking down the street and I just gave him the biggest bear hug...)
3. DRESS UP. nicely, crazily, ugly, pretty, sparkly, like an astronaut, an elephant. whatever tickles your fancy.
4. TICKLE THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH. you heard (read?) me. that's the only place on your body that you can tickle yourself.
5. LISTEN TO FUNNY/HAPPY MUSIC. it'll put you in a good mood. I recommend The InsideOut band, She and Him, Ingrid Michaleson, etc.
6. GIGGLE. just laugh. you can laugh at something funny, or you can fake laugh. try out different laughs to see which one fits you. or you could come up with a laugh for your mood. for the day of the week?
7. STARE AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR. even if you're a guy. just spend some quality time with yourself. try out different hairstyles, smiles, silly faces.
8. SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAVORITE PERSON EVER. it could be in person, over facebook, skype, email, whatever. there's a reason this person is your favorite.
9. PEOPLE WATCH. go out, sit on a bench in a crowded place, and just watch people. don't follow them, just watch. Watch mothers pushing strollers, old couples holding hands, teenagers having fun. you can even make up their life stories in your head as they go by.
10. TRY OUT DIFFERENT SCENTS ON YOURSELF. just spray that perfume/cologne and stink it up! even body wash. just have fun with it.
11. READ. books, magazines, online articles. when i read, everything disappears and it's me and the book.
12. TRY SPELLING A REALLY HARD WORD. dictionary.com will be the best place to find these.
13. DANCE LIKE A MANIAC. even if you can't dance (me). just dance your heart out. by yourself, in public, with a friend.
14. EXERCISE. suck it up and do it. you'll feel great after.
15. MAKE A TIME CAPSULE. fill it up with your favorite gum, a letter, a favorite book, recipe, pictures. it'll be fun to look at it in the future.
16. CREATE. music. art. clothes. anything.
17. CHECK OUT A RANDOM FACT WEBSITE. this one is my favorite. (yes, I have a favorite fact website)
18. WATCH EXERCISE VIDEOS. but don't get up. just watch the people. while eating food.
19. WALK BACKWARDS ALL DAY.
20. PUT ON AS MANY PATTERNS AS YOU CAN FIND. plaid pants, striped shirt, polka dot shoes. pictures too.
22. DO AN EASY SCIENCE PROJECT. baking soda volcano anyone?
23. LOOK AT FUNNY PICTURES.
24. WATCH AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS.
25. SPEL LIKEEE A FACEBOK TENAGGGERRR FER THEEE RUST O DA DAE.
26. FACEBOOK STALK. that's why it's there!
27. RESEARCH HOW TO JOIN THE CIRCUS.
28. READ A CHAPTER OF YOUR FAVORITE BOOK TO YOUR PET.
29. GO ON A WALK.
30. LIBRARY. BOOKS. JOY.
31. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT MY BLOG:)
32. LISTEN TO THIS SONG. WATCH THE ORIGINAL VIDEO AND PEE YOUR PANTS.
33. WATCH JULIAN SMITH YOUTUBE VIDEOS.
34. DRAW A MUSTACHE ON YOUR FACE.
35. BUY A SONGIFY APP AND JUST ENJOY LIFE.
36. READ EVERY ONE OF MY BLaOG POSTS. memorize your favorite and recite it to me. :D
37. WATCH FUNNY POINTLESS YOUTUBE VIDEOS.
38. COME UP WITH STUPID NICKNAMES FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND.
40. EAT ICE CREAM.
41. DO SOMETHING NICE FOR THE OLD LADY DOWN THE STREET. bake her cookies, shovel her lawn, talk to her.
43. NOTICE THAT I SKIPPED THE NUMBER 42.
44. MAKE REALLY ANNOYING SOUNDS WITH YOUR MOUTH.
45. LEARN HOW TO DO SOMETHING YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO. for me, this is guitar.
46. SEE HOW LONG YOU CAN SMILE. time yourself, challenge friends ("I can smile for five minutes straight!" "Dude, I can go longer than that!")
47. TEXT. be a teenager.
49. MAKE A LIST OF THINGS YOU'RE THANKFUL FOR.
50. JUST BE. sit, do nothing, daydream. just be there.
this was pretty fun to write. Hope it helps next time you feel like crap!!!
|EVEN IF YOU LOOK LIKE THIS WHEN YOU SMILE, DO IT ANYWAY!|