Sunday, July 1, 2012

I am Emmie, hear me roar!



Before I get to the deep stuff, I have to say that I feel really bad for whoever I talk to. I always manage to sneak in a Trek reference. I've borne my testimony about it so many times (I actually got up in Sacrament today. I feel great!) I'm sorry if I've annoyed you, but I'm not going to stop. I'm on a spiritual high right now!



Now for the real stuff. I've talked about the "Bountiful Mold" many many times. And I know that just one person can't break it. And although I'm trying not the be that mold, I can't force everyone else to do the same. Everyone is is their own person and has the right to be whatever they want to be. But the best person to be is you.

People may stare. People may gossip. People may ignore you. But you're not alive to please others. And even if you feel stupid at first, you'll grow out of it. This may be really really hard to believe, but I was silent in seventh grade. I kept all my opinions and thoughts to myself. I dressed the same way everyone else did, I did the same activities. And guess what? I was absolutely miserable. I was really sad all the time, and I didn't know why I didn't fit in.

I can't say I had a magical moment when I realized to snap out of it and be myself. I guess because I was so lonely, I got to know myself. And I became really comfortable with myself. And somewhere along the way, I started being ME. And now, no one can change that. I don't care what anyone thinks of me except for my mom, and my Heavenly Father. I know that sounds super cheesy, but it's the absolute truth. You can hate my guts, you can gossip about me, you can even not be my friend, but I will never ever be or do something that's not me for friendship/acceptance. Never.

I've also noticed a lot of copying. Not really copying me. Although (not to be arrogant, because it really creeps me out) I've noticed a couple people copy me from time to time. And it annoys me. Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

So who is the real Emmie? The real Emmie is a flat out freak. I'm a spaz. I do really weird things for fun. I'm addicted to writing and the internet. I am a pale red head, and I don't want to tan (tanned skin cells are damaged skin cells, FYI (that FYI was for you, Doug)). I am stubborn and tough as nails. I can get lazy sometimes, but most of the time I work my butt off. I am a underweight, and I get made fun of ALL THE TIME. (A lot of the time, it's by my own friends. It's so ironic, it kills me.) I can handle anything that is thrown my way with God's help. I dress modestly. I am religious, and I will share it. I am a daughter of God. I am beautiful. I am smart. I am strong. I am confident.


You probably think I have a big head, but I'm not going to shove this down your throat. 


So the main message is to BE YOURSELF. Please.


This is me.




Be yourself!

See yourself ~ Be yourself


be yourself.


Be yourself... be yourself


and just because it's true/awesome/hilarious...


oh snap!


No comments:

Post a Comment