Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thank you, Ms. Rowling.

The other day, my brother got a letter from Scotland. It was from JK Rowling. 

Okay, that was just to catch your attention. He actually did get a letter from her, but it was typed and her signature was printed. It was because over a year ago, he wrote her a letter telling her how much Harry Potter has influenced his life, and how much he loves it.

I wanted to write one. So here's mine.

Dear Ms. Rowling,

You probably get a million and one letters from fans every day. And you're never going to even read this (most likely). But I just want to write and tell you how amazing you are. I know I'm not the only Harry Potter fan out there. I know that I'm not the only one who's been influenced by your amazing books and movies. But I just have to get this out in the open.

Your books have helped me in the hardest parts of my life. Your characters were my friends when I had none, or when my real friends were being mean. The wizarding world was there when my own world was crumbling around me. 

Dumbledore's advice was comforting, Fred and George made me laugh in the darkest situations and Harry was (and still is) my inspiration. Hermione was there when I was confused, Ron was there as my rock. Snape helped me to break stereotypes and judgement. Neville helped me realize that I can stand up to my friends. Hagrid helped me look past appearances and see the good in everyone. Molly taught me about motherly love. I can go on and on and on, but I won't, for my reader's sake.

When your characters died, I bawled. I would sit in my room, mourning them. I still do that from time to time. Because they are gone in my mind. The books and movies are just memories of them. And let me tell you, that completely kills me. Especially Fred. Oh man. I can't even talk about it.

A week ago, it has been a year since HP Deathly Hallows part 2 came out. And most people say that it's "over." But it's never over. We are the Potter Generation, and it will live inside us. I will never forget about my boy under the stairs for as long as I live. So thank you, Ms. Rowling, for absolutely everything that you have given us. You will never understand how much Harry means to me.

Love, Emmie Brown



don't cry like I did. Or cry. Whatever one.



great scene.




oh love.




"You okay Fred?"



Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment